With some high profile orders coming in, our MD has recently been over to the altr factory in Italy to personally quality check each pair of luxury shoes to come out of production.
The factory, based in the renowned shoe district of Marche is operated by exceptional artisans who have been making luxury footwear for generations.
To give you a ‘behind the scenes’ look how each altr shoe is made we thought you might like a run down of the hand made process:
- Inspection of leathers and components
- Cut the leathers and panels to size by hand
- Thin down the edges of the leathers ready for stitching
- Stitch the leather patterns together
- Proceed to ‘lasting’ the uppers on a plastic mould to sculpt the shoe
- Attach the soles
- Soles are sidewall stitched to ensure max durability
- Footbeds are stamps with the altr logo and customer initials
- Footbed and laces inserted into the shoe
- Final inspections for quality